This post shares tiny powder room decorating ideas in my tiny monochrome powder room, which features black and white, an updated mirror and lighting, open shelving for storage, and plants. All made over for under $100.
Tiny Powder Room Decorating Ideas: Modern Half Bathroom Design
Hello hello and welcome to the last update for the current round of the $100 Room Challenge. I’m sharing tiny powder room decorating ideas in the glamour shots of what I’ve decided to call my tiny monochrome powder room. You can see all of the $100 Room Challenge updates for this space here: Week 1 // Week 2 // Week 3
Let’s have a reminder of the before shots first. The before and afters are pretty stark in this one because I was lazy and took the before shots with my phone 😉
After: Modern Half Bathroom Design!
Starting with the mirror and sink side. The new items here were the mirror, painted light fixture with new shades, and a towel hook. I took down the long towel bar that you can see in some of the photos and added a small hook closer to the sink, much like we did in the upstairs powder room.
We also added a narrow shelf above the sink. This was Mike’s idea. We just used the small piece we ripped off of one of the shelves and some cheap L brackets I painted black. I LOVE IT.
As I mentioned in the week 1 post, this shelving pieces are actually from a broken Ikea Hemnes bookcase we finally got rid of when we started working on the downstairs area. We turned these two in to shelves, which was great because it saved us money AND all we had to do was rip them down to our desired width. No staining or finishing involved.
The plants in here are either fake or tolerate low light. 🙂 Also a few candles/room spray; more toilet paper; extra lotion, soap, and a cloth; and a little gray bin with diapering supplies. We spend so much time down here either playing in the backyard or in Ramona’s play space that it’s nice to have all of the diapering supples down here.
I’m really pleased with how this turned out! I didn’t end up buying many things for the space.
Here’s a quick outline of what I bought, reused, or repurposed from the house. (The following contains affiliate links. You can read more about that here.)
- Wall paint, Sherwin-Williams in Basalt Powder left over from our DIY Murphy bed project and painting the main room.
- Black spray paint because I’m insane and always have it on hand.
- Shelving from an old Ikea Hemnes bookcase that was broken.
- White throw rug and black fabric dye (see that DIY post here)
- Diaper supplies basket, woven pot (was in the entryway), top pot (painted), and trailing plant and planter. The trailing plant I actually talk about in this post on how to propagate golden pothos, and the post used to be a candle. See that upcycle post here.
- Shelving brackets for the open shelving and for the sink shelf ($39).
- Shades for the vanity light fixture ($16).
- A new mirror from Target ($50 minus a $20 coupon I had from stocking up on diapers and formula during one of those crazy awesome Target sales, so $30).
- Accessories, two new candles, lotion, and soap, all from Marshall’s or Homegoods ($~20).
I have to be honest, I stopped keeping great track of money when I bought the accessories, but my ballpark is that my total was *about* $100, maybe slightly over. Sorry Erin 🙂
And since we all love before and after photos, here are some quick comparison shots before you go!
Share my Tiny Powder Room Decorating Ideas on Pinterest!
Comment spam is the worst.
And it's why I had to turn off comments on my posts that are older than a few weeks. However, I want to know if you have a question! You can hop over to my Instagram or Facebook pages and leave a comment or send me a direct message. Thank you for visiting and reading!