Hi there! I’m Brittany. This is my blog.
Welcome to my Internet space for all things creative! I’m a communications professional by day and a creative, DIY-loving houseplant and gardening hobbyist by night.
What you’ll find here—mostly DIY projects, houseplant care and propagation guides, woodworking projects, gardening tips and guides, and a few other random things.
We live in a small midcentury home, so when it comes to DIY, I trend toward projects for smaller spaces or projects that have multiple uses. I try to be intentional with my creations, so I don’t do a ton of big DIY projects. Only stuff we really need or want.
I’m also on the thriftier side of things—I love a good bargain or estate sale find. I don’t think you have to spend a lot of money to create beautiful things.
And I also love plants. I often hear people talk about how they can’t keep plants alive, but it’s not that hard! I love to fill my home with plants and share articles about houseplants based on my own experience learning through trial and error. It’s all about building confidence.
What’s your back story?
I’ve gained a lot of my skills through reading, watching, and trial and error. My dad is a licensed general contractor and is extremely talented, so I’ve learned a lot from him over the years. I have been blogging here since 2015 and love sharing my projects to inspire others🙂
When people hear about my blog, they usually think it’s like an Etsy store and ask me what I sell. I tell them I don’t sell products, I sell ideas…except you don’t have to pay to read my posts! I make money to keep this side gig running through ads, affiliate relationships, and partnerships with brands. You can read more about all of those things on my disclosure page. It isn’t exactly a page-turner, but I like to be upfront with everyone who lands here.
What projects are you most proud of?
Here are a few links for you to get started with! They will give you a feel for my style and the type of content you’ll find here. Prepare to be dazzled!
DIY Home Projects
- DIY resin and wood serving tray
- Drawer organizer for spices
- How to paint terracotta pots
- Cat tree made out of real branches
- Our tiny plant-filled back patio
- How to treat tree branches for indoor use
- How to hang shelves in an apartment
- Murphy bed and shelving unit from scratch
- DIY house-shaped twin-sized bed
- Retro indoor cat house
- Design and build a modern dollhouse
- Large tiered plant stand
- Outdoor coffee table using pavers
- DIY modern babydoll crib
Plants & Gardening
- Scindapsus treubii moonlight care
- How to propagate snake plants
- Ikea glass cabinet greenhouse conversion
- Elephant ear plant care guide
- Sphagnum moss propagation 101
- Contemporary trellis for a vining plant
- How to propagate monstera deliciosa
- Philodendron birkin care
Where can I see you and your work?
I am so lucky to have had my work featured in many different places. Here are just a few.
- Redfin, 10 Spring Gardening Ideas Sprouting in 2022
- Insider, Ikea Greenhouse Cabinet Hack
- Modern Farmer, Houseplant Parents Embrace DIY Greenhouse Cabinets
- Better Homes & Gardens Stylemaker, 2021 and 2022
- Do It Yourself Magazine, Spring 2021 issue
- Do It Yourself Magazine, Winter 2020 issue
- Frederick County Public Libraries Virtual Programming
- Better Homes & Gardens, January 2020 issue
- Apartment Therapy // Apartment Therapy // Apartment Therapy
- Bob Vila // Bob Vila // Bob Vila
- Marie Claire France // Marie Claire France
- Kreg Tool’s Build Something
- Ikea College Park Make it Take it Workshop
- Capital Home Show DIY Booth
- Country Living // Country Living // Country Living
- House.one // House.one // House.one // House.one
- BHG.com, 8 Natural Ways to Make Your Home Smell Amazing
- Buzzfeed, Ikea Hacks for Cats
- Michaels, DIY Tiered Painted Plant Stand
- Family Handyman, 11 Awesome DIY Cat Furniture Ideas
- Curbly, DIY Cat Toys Feature
And here are a few interviews I’ve given and features I’ve received:
- Columbia Forest Products Maker Spotlight
- DecoArt: Meet the Maker // DecoArt Creator Profile
- Hometalk Blogger of the Month
What else do you do?
In 2021, I decided to move my crafts, Cricut projects, and printables over to a new home, Let’s Craft Instead. If that’s your thing, I’d love to see you there, too!
Can I put a link in one of your posts?
No. Please don’t email me asking me to link to a guide you wrote or a post you think would be a “valuable resource for my readers.” I only link to resources I either find organically or find through friends. I’m sorry, I don’t participate in link-building schemes, especially for payment.
Do you accept guest posts?
No. I do not accept guest posts from strangers who are only looking to submit a post to get links. I only work with other small creators or small businesses I love.
How can I contact you?
Whichever way you contact me, I’ll get back to you as soon as possible! Thanks for stopping by!