Hey guys! It’s the final week of the One Room Challenge. I know you’re not here to hear me yammer on about whatever it is I have to say, but I DO have a few things to say.
Now for some yammering.
1. I owe a HUGE thanks to my dad, my husband, and our friend Jon for making this possible. Especially when I became really sick toward the end of things and even the smallest task seemed impossible for me to complete. My dad is a professional contractor and spent many, many hours and weekends helping us with things, and then later picking up my slack as I lie on the couch dying.
2. This was the first renovation we have tackled. As with most renovations, it was more work than I thought it’d be, and that’s mostly because I wasn’t anticipating how many things need to be done before other things can be done. For example, you might have the time to lay all your tile and grout it in the same day, but you can’t. You have to lay the tile and let it set up, then grout it the next day. Then let the grout dry before you finish buffing all of the haze out. That’s just one example of many!
3. Another HUGE thanks to some of the sponsors we worked with. Throughout the reveal pics, you’ll be seeing a few items that we were lucky to receive in exchange for inclusion in the makeover process. Those items include tile from Floor & Decor, lighting from Lamps Plus, ceiling paint from Sherwin-Williams, a beautiful piece of art from minted, and some stunning new fixtures (and a shower pan!) from Delta Faucet. I’ll include a full source list at the end of the post linking to all of the sponsored and non-sponsored items.
4. I’m REALLY happy with the results, despite a few setbacks. I didn’t get to everything we wanted to do, but that’s okay. Such is life. I’m not going to remind you of the things I didn’t get to because I don’t want to be a downer. Instead, how about a little reminder of the before situation before we proceed? (More detailed before pics and notes on plans are in this post!)
The Before Pics
To give you a better idea of the layout, these are shot while turning counterclockwise in a full circle around the bathroom.
And how about some after pics?
The beautiful Gypsophila art from Marabou Design via minted:
And a closeup of the Zura model faucet:
I want to give you a quick look at how cool the Possini Euro Design Wrapped Wire vanity light looks turned on. The wire casings around the bulbs create a really cool look:
We LOVE our new rainfall shower head, the Vero Monitor 14 Series Shower Trim from Delta Faucet. This might be my favorite part of the whole bathroom! So much better than the tube dude.
And how about a few before and after shots for comparison? I’ve long forgotten what this room looked like before, so I’m sure you have, too. 🙂
- Tub faucet, Delta Zura, Amazon affiliate link here
- Shower Trim, Delta Vero Monitor 14 Series, Amazon affiliate link here
- Shower tray, Delta
- Wall Tile, Floor & Decor
- Floor Tile, Floor & Decor
- Tub, Maykke Alsen
- Vanity light, Lamps Plus
- Plant art, minted
- Shower door, local company, MM Glassworks
- Bathtub tray, see the DIY here
- Vanity rug, Target
- Shower rug, old, similar at Target
- Hamper, Homegoods
- Shelf brackets, Ikea
- Vanity basket, Homegoods
- Terrariums, already had
- Vanity hardware, Lowe’s
Until next time, One Room Challenge!