I’m getting a jump start on something I’ve wanted to start for a while and had vowed to start as a blog new year’s resolution: doing a weekly Friday roundup of the week, including stuff I’ve seen that I’ve seen, clicked, and saved! I want to make these posts a little bit more personal than my typical tutorial posts, too. I hope you enjoy. 🙂 Now, without further ado…
New this week…
I’ve been working on a few things this week. I shared 5 DIY gift wrap ideas, and then on Wednesday I shared some of my favorite shots from the kajillion holiday home tours I’ve been browsing through. I’m not doing a holiday home tour (but I did share this post about decorating on a budget), so I’ll just enjoy others’ homes this year. How pretty is this shot from my friend Lindi at Love Create Celebrate?
I’ve also started work on overhauling the closet under our stairs, which is pretty much our only storage space. I use it for craft supplies, paints and painting supplies, cleaning supplies, cat litter, the cat pan, the vacuum…it is a very glamorous place for sure. On Tuesday, I also brought home this new miter saw (affiliate link) that I’m loving. I’m building some custom paint shelving to fit under the stairs and am SO excited about it! Here’s a peek at the before. Is it making you sad?
See, Click, Save: Holiday Stuff
Like everyone else with a Pinterest account, I’m knee-deep in the holidays! There are quite a few holidays coming up, so let’s talk holiday stuff I love first.
- I loved this post on thoughtful holiday decorating from Delineate Your Dwelling.
- The Cofran Home’s cinnamon stick place cards would be perfect for your holiday dinner.
- If I could afford anything from Crate and Barrel, I’d drop these copper and white ornaments in my cart immediately.
- When I saw this DIY Menorah made out of painted wine bottles and candlesticks from Little Miss Party, I wanted to make one for myself!
- Check out this beautiful Star of David wreath (below) made by Avenue Lifestyle is beautiful enough to have up all year long.
These awesome shops and posts will help you check off those items on your holiday shopping list:
- Love Create Celebrate has a great post on where to find unique gifts.
- DC residents: Check out my friend Bree’s Capitol Romance CapRoShop for awesome District-themed items.
- Buy all of these watercolor prints of animals in flower crowns from Dandelion Paper Co…I got six for my bathroom!
- Got a baby or a kid in your life? Bannor Toys has some beautiful handcrafted wood toys, including wooden rattle shaped like each state. I dare you to try to not sound pretentious telling your friends you got them a baby toy made out of organic hardwood, organic beeswax, and flaxseed oil. I dare you.
Until next week! Have a great weekend!