Here’s a peek!
But if you’re just joining me…
The ORC is a twice-a-year blogging event that challenges participants to completely redesign a space in 5 weeks. I am not a designer, but a lot of DIY bloggers join the ORC as guest participants. And since we just bought our first home and I’ve been hard at work making it our own, I thought it was a great time to join! As I said in my week 1 post, I didn’t want to take on a major project for my first One Room Challenge room. I’m worked on a space off the side of our kitchen that we use for our dining area and my office space.
Here’s a recap of the progress over the past five weeks:
WEEK 1: Before and plans
WEEK 2: Paint; replace light figure
WEEK 3: Shades, curtains; decide on rug (reusing)
WEEK 4: Paint plant pots; re-pot plants; plant stand
WEEK 5: DIY and hang art; re-finish desk top; install solar shade
WEEK 6: DONE: And here it is!
Roundup of DIYs and posts featured in this room makeover:
- Refinishing My Desktop: Polycrylic vs. Polyurethane
- Abstract Black and Gold Leaf Canvas Art
- Easy DIY Monitor Stand
- 15 Rooms With Faux Taxidermy
- Make an Envelope Laptop Sleeve
- DIY Sewing Machine Cover
- Picking Black, Gray, and White Paints
- Indoor Succulent Care Tips
- DIY Concrete Succulent Planters
- Easy DIY Teacup Cactus Planter
Like this? PIN IT!